Monday, January 19, 2009

i don't think it is depressing

It is one of those days that I could fake being sick and come home half day from work. my reason today was because the snow was falling, and to not jeopardise my productivity at work (in British Culture you are pardoned when getting distracted byt hings like falling snow(I'm an alien anyway so I have that extra edge to procrastinate at work), I have called in half day sick. So when I got home, I literally spent the whole time I could salvage by looking at the falling snow. it is so pretty, probably one of the prettiest thing in sight. there were large flakes (like a bundle of falkes all conjoined together), and there were tiny, sleet-like flakes which looked like rain from a far distance. while waiting for my tub to be filled I went to gaze at the snowfall (ah this is one day i really destressed optimally with a nettle tea, and lavender bath), i watched the snow fall, and thought. Why do I complain every now and again about life? I always rant about not having any happiness in this depressing place. but little things in life ahve to be sought from within, like even watching the falling snow can be so therapeutic.

after tub was filled, i lit some scented candles, let my venetian blinds on so I could be able to see the snow from my bathtub, and dragged my bottle of pinot grigio and wine glass to the tub, sipping and savoruing every taste of pinot grigio in my m0uth, pampering my sight with the crystal clear whitish snow, and playing with shaun the swiiming sheep in my bath tub. i chose to be happier from within because i know theres nothing much i can do being away from where i really belong but to hang in there, so i'm basically hanging on with a smile on the face.

toodle loo

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home