Thursday, August 28, 2008

What I love about England....

10 things I love about England, amidst all the amalgamation of cultures in England, tarnishing what we call the Great British culture (not in order of preference, just a list!) (against what the press thinks about the things that make Britain great) :-

1) Alcopops!!
2) Haribo
3) Scones, crumpets, teacakes
4) Greyhound races
5) The BIG English Breakfast (I dont care if it shortens my lifespan, but its greasy, sinful and above all, BIG)
6) British farms - my newfound love when I went to the Stockton farm last weekend.
7) English countryside. I work in Cheshire, so we spend alot of our lunchhours by a drive to the Cheshire countryside. Quintessentially English.
8) Monty Python! Nothing beats the greatest humour in the world, the British humour
9) The accent! No, not the stupid Rochdale accent. I meant the Southern accent.
10) The history - minus Henry VIII - he's a git!

And to a certain extent, the people...and I meant the naturally British people, not chaplangs like me. hahaha.

Now, shall we not go to the things I hate about Britain bit. Lets keep this entry positive and optimistic.


And what the press things about what makes Britain tick:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/notes-on-a-small-island-the-things-that-really-make-britain-great-910558.html

xx

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home