Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Good ol times..

I spent the whole of last weekend (apart from Sunday evening) at the computer, listening to the good old songs that shaped my childhood, teenage years, and years at uni (to sum it all up, my life in Malaysia) From Dido, to Goo Goo Dolls, the reminiscence of what made me reduced me to tears and lightened me up in smiles and tint winy giggles. What a mixture of feelings! It lifted my spirit, and made me realise how proud I am to have family and friends that made me who I am before I came here. It's not that I hate being here, Nick's family is pretty much my family, his mum and her best friend, Val are like mothers to me, and at least I have a parental figure to turn to when I need that motherly love I can't seem to get from my real mum at home. It feels like hugging my real mum when I hug Helen (Nick's mum), but nothing could replace my real mum, and she knows that as well. Same goes to Nick, nothing could replace the bond his mother and he share. It is very special, as they have grown stronger through hardship together, and I somehow feel lucky my parents hadn't lived to make me dwell in constant hardship. But I respect the fact if his mother sometimes is a bit to clingy to Nick because she lives alone anyway.

Helen and Val took me to Mamma Mia! yesterday and I thought what a clever and brilliant movie it was! It made me smile throughout the 2 hours, and it was a special feeling that I had, and embraced, upon coming out of the pictures. Meryl Streep and Julie Walters were the shining stars, what calibre and talent do they have! We sang along, and although I'm a little too young for ABBA songs, I still enjoyed it, because I know the songs, just dont know how to sing with it. How I wish I lived a life like that? In a superbly divine island, simplicity and the spirit of love that abide the wholesome lives of the people there.

I have tendered my resignation from Reuters, because I need a break. I can't travel 4 hours to and fro to work everyday, pay full £13 everyday just to get to work, and not even get an inflationary-adjusted pay rise for this reason. I just am not strong enough, and I've stucked it out for a full year, so it is an accomplishment I am proud of myself. There are also other reasons that I am leaving Lipper, and before you all jump into conclusions, I am not leaving the company on a personal or professional capacity, every reason I had to leave was logistically. So...

I may go to Norway for a month's working holiday break but I am doubting the finances will withhold me for even a week in Norway, it is very expensive! But it is an option I'm consdering. I need depth and breatdth in my career options, what I am doing is not challenging enough. I need a buck up!

I leave work in 10 minutes, so I'll blog even more once I'm done here. x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home