Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Wedding

I am so pissed off I can't find my bloody housekeys and now I can't get out of the damn house and run errands. Sighs. I'm stucked at home with absolutely nothing to do.

As some of you might be aware, I am getting married. To be honest with you, I think it is really scary to think all that will be happening, will be happening. The thought of walking down the aisle, and saying the vows, and being photographed as a married couple is really daunting. Eevery girl's dream is to have a perfect wedding, no glitches, no turbulences, no trouble. I am comfortable to say the least that I am not such one girl who wants everything during her wedding to be immaculate. My friends know I am a simple girl, a girl from humble beginnings, grew up with that bunch of kaki lepaks at primary and secondayr school and during college, with Jasmine, who is a downright wonderful and simple girl, and we went to uni together, and our circle of friendship grew to Deb, Bebe and Ashley (others are often included as the extended bits and bobs of the friendship circle), and now I am here with a man from humble beginnings as well, a kid that was constantly bullied at school, grew up in not a very happy family, and went to uni with his circle of friends, and then he met me. So we pretty much hit it off because we were similiar, but as e grew together we saw differences, differences that can be painfully difficult to absorb. We have had many heartbreaking arguments over the smallest of things, but we are getting married right now because we have come to the point where all differences have bee sorted out and we wont be killing each other in the future anymore. We hope it will stay that way as well.

It all started to hit home when Helen took me to hunt for the dress. We went to so many places in Manchester, but got this very special dress the moment I saw it in a very simple boutique just 10 minutes from where I live. So much for travelling all the way to Manchester ok? We covered John Lewis, Debenhams, Selfridges, scoured through many brands - Vivienne Westwood, Matthew Williamson, Karen Millen, Principles, Monsoon, Vera Wang ( on sale thats why I had a look!) - all like crap ok? Like I said, simple girl, means simple dress. So yeah, I managed a blue number but I aint going to ruin it for everyone and let the pics tell the story of the day. And all the wedding advices that came in from dear old motherly ones, really freak me out! Sometimes I feel like I'm just not prepared to hear or absorb all these, but it's happening and there's no looking back. I have only about 2 weeks more, and I only ordered the ring yesterday. Its probably the loveliest thing apart from the dress - which is good I feel that way, because the dress, ring, and shoes I'm getting married in should be above all, special to the bearer. I'm glad I feel that way. and the best part is, I didnt spend a bomb like Coleen Rooney on her Marchesa gown - which got wet in the Italian rain anyway! Hahahaa. Burn!

I will blog again about the wedding, I need to keep finding for these goddamn housekeys or I wont be able to get things done! Oh clouds are getting darker. Must scoot! x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home