Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Diwali and others

EID MUBARAK
SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI

to all Muslims
_________________________________________________________
My Diwali was so-so, partly because the stagnant progress of my thesis was killing me, but now I;m just 2 paragraphs away from completion. Not to mention, other tutorial preparations I have to start working on, and slides have to be submitted to Deb so she will compile it together.

About Diwali, yes, had my long, deserving jog (not that long, just 1 hour, actually). Rushed home, had a traditional oil bath, got myself clad in my green kutta top my sister bought from India (its really pretty), but it became more ketat than when I tried it the first time. Fuck the weight accumulation man! *sighs* Then it was off to dad's elder brother's place just 5 mins drive away from my place. It was mainly just a visit to my uncle's anyway, because its funny how they don't take Diwali so seriously. We had some panni puri, idli with some chicken kurma, and I'm telling you, this chicken kurma is the shit! Just talked to my aunt and uncle, cousin was off her way to work(on Diwali day)..life is tougher than you all think, huh? So we spent about an hour and a half there, partly cos my cousin has just adopted a 3 month old baby and we were waiting to see her. Such a lovely doll, name's Preethika :)



After that it was all the way to Bangsar, to my dad's oldest sister's place. We were treated to the best array of Indian dishes, and stepping into the house itself spark a feeling of heavenly aura, from the decor and the ambience, to the warm welcome and open arms my aunt has always showered us with. My cousins are wedding planners, interior designers, caterers and hair stylists, so what dya expect from them when you go over for a speacil occassion? Absolutely delectable, mouth watering food topped up with decors dying to be awed at. And it was true enough :) We had waaaaay too much to eat after my last bite, I was thinking on going for a week fasting without anything but water. My baju as usual, was at its breaking point, but thankfully it stayed intact without really obvious crevices. Here are some pics of the decors






After that, it was off to Kajang to my mum's oldest brother's place. By this time, I couldnt take anything more down my mouth but to wash it all down with some rather refreshing cocktails my cousin made. It was a weird concoction of vanilla, peel fresh, sprite, peach juice and beer. I added almost half a bottle of Bourbon to my drink, so I was at the end of the day, pretty wasted. But conscious, really, well aware of my surroundings, finally succumbing into the car for an hour on the way back home. Had Shelly, Kim, Carlos and Matt over for drinks and cookies at night. Got down to 2 bottles of Malibu, and what can I say? I'm rather satisfied....:D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home