Friday, October 09, 2009

What do I do?

I have never ever blogged about work before, because I thought, work is just an inane pile of junk that I do 8 hours a day to get the moolah to scrape through just with the necessities. But, day by day, it's getting from bad to worse.

It's so sad to say that I am very envious with other people who are so much better off than me, and I've always wondered, why did I choose this bloody job when I could be using my networks to try to scrape through another job? Reason being, I told myself, the NHS is recession-proof and the competition is not so intense because afterall, it is the 3rd largest employer in the world. And I need to learn to stick to something, now at the age of 24, rather than job hopping, and always starting again from the drawing board.

I really regret this decision. I mean, working in this job. I have gone for countless of interviews within the NHS and not nail even a single one. Half of the NHS workforce dont even have minimum qualifications, so why should I still sit back and go through my day to day life with a bunch of lowlives who cant even save a document to their desktop?

I have been having alot of troubles at work, when I personally feel I haven't done anything wrong. I just don't get it though, I've been getting lotsa praises about my work and when I had my PDR, they made me feel as though I'm the worst thing that has happened to my department? Everyday, I step into my house from work without a dry eye and smiley face. Really, am I that bad? If i was that bad, then why hire me? Why, instead of helping me with something I'm new to, they decide to pass on the task to my superior? How the fuck am I going to learn anything if I don't get proper training and education, and on-the-job training seems impossible in my department? The people I work with are all fighter cocks, I'm someone who keeps my head low and do what's been told, and really, is that so wrong? do you really want me to nose about and get into the centre of work politics? Why can't I be anonymous and great in my job in the same time.

Yeah, you have the whiny ol me, with all the complaints, boo hoo. But if anyone isn't going to cooperate with me, what can I possibly do? Crawl onto my knees in begging for them to teach me every single task and situation that happens in a very large hospital? Work never help me at all! They claim they do, but all I get are backstabbing bitches saying I'm lousy for putting my head low and doing my job. Just because I come from a different place and don't communicate like a low-class hag, doesn't mean it's wrong. But it's wrong to them.

How am I possibly going to go through another successful job when my current employer(must-be referees) are going to say 'Darshini has the worst communications skills ever, don't hire her'? I have my previous employers to back me up buy I don't know, the damage might already have been done. I swear, if I don't get a new job sooner, I will kill myself.
The medical side of the NHS is just a battle ground for oversized bitches to mess with each other's head, and a platform of discussion for trying to remove every single tint of cellulite from their centenarian-aged asses. It's not for me, not the medical side of things.

I have a job interview next Friday in a department I REALLY REALLY want to work, and even if I get the offer, it wont be confirmed until I get satisfactory references, which my current bosses WON'T give because I'm not like one of them!

Oh God I'm going to shoot myself!

1 Comments:

Blogger Jasmine Lai said...

all work sucks to an extend no matter how much we like it at the beginning. Its the matter for keeping that damn fire burning. Good Luck with your job interview :)

4:53 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home