Sunday, August 09, 2009

Oh why Oh why Oh why..

OK, I definitely suck at blogging. But ever since I came home from Malaysia, I have been swamped with work, work sending me to courses all over England, and I have been babysitting.

Let's talk about Malaysia shall we? I'm sure the myriad of photography efforts all collated and published on Facebook sums up my wedding. It was an eye-opener to many people, as you can see, that most typcial Indian weddings are attended by ONLY Indian people, and since my bevy of babes and lads come from different ethnic background, the crowd was pretty much multi-ethnic, which is way cooler than a mono-ethnic crowd. Not trying to be prejudiced or am saying that my wedding was a-cut-above from the rest, but I was just amplifying the fact of this experience being an 'eye-opener' to most of the crowd. It's a shame none of my in-laws were there to see it all but it's their loss. Boo-hoo. I had an amazing time in Cambodia as well, being a big softie, I decided that 2 weddings will be complemented by 2 honeymoons. Face it, we need it as much as I hear echos of nonsense and disagreement! We are a couple but we have other things that occupy our minds - work, our own interests, forgoing our lavish lifestyle to accomodate our income to start a family, and I was thinking a post-grad course will be in line as it is necessary to compete in this recession-suffering, constantly-competitive environment. So we hardly ever spend quality time even in tbe comforts of our own sheets. So we need to et away from it all. OK, I'm going off in a tangent. What did I say? Cambodia was it? Yup! It was fun-tastic, we made our presence very prominent in the very peaceful streets of Siem Reap, and our hotel was magnificent. 5 star luxury thrown into the bosom of an urban oasis. The time spent with my family and friends, and what they have done to make my 3 1/2 weeks pleasant were priceless! I can never thank them enough! I love all of you very much, and I wish I could be there to do the deed you have tirelessly done when I was there. I'm missing all of you terribly!

I came back here, back to misery. I was bawling my heart out in the airports, planes, until I came back to Manchester. I ignored my in-laws for the first few days which was very childish of me. I just feel sometimes they don't do enough for me - me who travelled miles and miles to be with Nick. Whatever they do for me will never ever come close to the openness and generosity and love I get from home. The only thing that was bearable for me when I got back was work, miraculously. I found solace and emotional comfort from work because I am brilliant at setting aside my feelings from my professional commitments. I even stayed in the office one night because I went to the extend that going back home was all too much for me. But time healed everything. I am fine now.

Little Jonathan moved here for good, and I have agreed to babysit him. It's so sad to see him so spoilt and bratty and immature just 2 years from his possible puberty. He can't tell 5,000 to 5,000,000, can't spell very well, etc. But he is a great kid that has understood so many things people his age wouldn't understand. So I am playing mother for him for about a month til he goes back to school. He has a friend, Corey, who is one of our neighbour's kids, and he is a good kid. He plays with Jon everytime he comes over. It's a joy to take care of them kids, but I could strangle Jon sometimes for being so stubborn and rude, sometimes screaming at him can get him to listen to me.

On the other hand, I had a new nephew born on the 20/06/2009. He is called Sam. Picture of him and my brother in law:-


He is gorgeous.

It's a beautiful day out here. I'm going to go for a walk with the dog and sit under a tree and read a book at the common. Toodle loo!

xoxo

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home