Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hope...dangles on a string...

Familiar tune? I've been absolutely bored that I actually caught up with both Spiderman movies en route to the finale in May. Lame. Period.

Anyways...just a quick update..
Valentines day - ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! Firstly, my "bf" forgot to call me. I ended up calling him. Secondly, he was supposed to surprise me with something, apparently it's not here yet, and I sent my gift WAY after he did and he's received it. So what did I get in return? Zilch. AND NO DATES PER SAY! Gahhhh!!!

Chinese New Year - Absolute bore. Went on a "stuffing-myself" spree and got scraps of pennies from angpows. I'm not complaining though. I enjoyed some cultural performances (as though I've not seen them before) but hey, Chinese New Year falls only once a year.(NO offense, unlike Hari Raya Puasa which is just a crap holiday based on the appearance of the moon in the sky, which seems to me that it keeps creeping up with other holidays, spoiling the emphasis on the festivities of better-observed holidays)

After strings of boring celebrations, this was a twist to any conventional CNY celebrations. I gathered much initiative to stick the 1/4 of my obligation as family member to accompany the other 3 folks to the state celebration, which is in a highly publicized Buddhist temple 20 mins away from my home in Jenjarom. The rain poured but it did not wear away my spirits to see a different touch to the festival and my oh my oh my...the Buddhist temple was ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Such marvel. The biulding was actually covered with a bed of Chinese lanterns, accompanied by lush landscape garden, transcending various Buddhism practices (Shinto, etc). and CHINESE VEGETARIAN FOOD!! YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!! Shame, bloody shame Nick is not here. He'd love to see something like that. And to my biggest amazement I've never seen so many freely swimming Japanese carp in a single pond in my life. Can you iamgine just sitting by this tranquil pond and losing yourself into the otherworld, peace, and quiet..? Just what I dream of. I didn't even see as much when I was in Korea. Worse of it all, MY CAMERA DIED ON ME!! So there, couldnt take any photos. I will make a trip there on Sunday just to snap pictures of this wonderful religious shrine. Absolutely magnificent!



Some pics from CNY:-















I have tried to upload ALOT of pictures but it always fails I have no idea why. So when I REALLY have the chance I'll post some pics *double sighs*



On a brighter but not so bright note..


I won't be bored anymore cos I secured a contract placement for 6 months at a damn good company so I'll be starting in March. It's pretty daunting actually considering it's not PR at all LOL. I'm still amazed as how I got the job. But my CV will be of flourishing wonders with this experience from this company. Why not so bright note? Cos this will delay my trip to bloody England but you know what? When my bloody visa is done, serves them right cos they have to wait till my contract expires. So there you go. I told Nick to be here by this summer tillmy bloody contract expires. Blah. This is such a complicated mess. Sighs..why cant things just work out the way I want to?

More pics soon, I need to get back to this ancient book(remind me to get me blogging about this very iteresting artefact. And moi Francois. ;)

Night all! x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home